Pavel Brazdil is a member of LIAAD Inesc Tec, where he conducts most of his research. Pavel Brazdil is a founder of a strong Machine Learning / Data Mining group that exists since 1988 and now is a part of LIAAD Inesc Tec (Laboratory of AI and Decision Support).
Since 1988 he is Full Professor (Prof. Catedrático) at the Faculty of Economics (FEP) of University of Porto where he has been teaching courses on Information systems, Data Mining and Text Mining. He has supervised 12 PhD students. Although he has officially retired in mid-July 2015, he continues his R&D activities, including teaching at Master and Doctoral courses and supervision of post-graduate students.
|Pavel Brazdil is a Fellow of ECCAI, European Coordinating Committee for AI (since 2008). There are nearly 3000 citations to his work on Google Scholar and his h-index there is 26.|
Main Research Lines
- Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Knowledge Discovery in Databases (KDD), Data Mining
- Meta-learning, Selection of Machine Learning Algorithms, Planning to Learn,
- Extraction of information from text, Automatic summarization;
Other Activities and Information:
- My Degrees and Positions
- Participation in Program Committees & Reviewing
- My Post-Graduate Students
- My Supervisors and Mentors
- Curriculum Vitae at DeGois